Here’s a few apartment decorating tips and ideas for renters that won’t break the bank and will make your apartment look great without damaging anything. Check out this post for apartment decorating inspiration that will ensure that you get your deposit back when you move.
Apartment Decorating Tips and Ideas
Affiliate links included. Full disclosure here.
1. Use bamboo blinds for balcony privacy.
You can add a little extra privacy to an open balcony by using bamboo blinds to cover your railing. This is both stylish and practical!
2. Use command strips to hang curtains and wall decor.
Use command strips to hang curtains and wall decor without damaging the walls of your rental. Sweet!
3. Use pallets to prop mirrors and other items.
A wooden pallet can be used to prop up a large mirror. This prevents wall damage and will make your space look a bit more stylish.
4. Use removable contact paper to upgrade kitchen appliances.
Use contact paper to cover up old appliances to give them an instant upgrade.
5. Hang your shower curtain near the ceiling.
Try hanging your shower curtain near the ceiling to make a small bathroom look and feel way bigger.
6. Hide unsightly electrical boxes with art.
Cover unsightly electrical boxes with cheap canvas art or wall decor.
7. When short on counter space, add a small shelf for bathroom essentials.
An over the counter shelf saves and creates space without any permanent damage to your sink or bathroom walls.
8. Cover ugly flooring with vinyl floor cloth.
If your apartment came with floors that don’t really suit your taste, you can opt to cover it with vinyl floor cloth or removable tiles.
9. Update boring light fixtures with stylish but cheap lampshades.
Full tutorial here—> Heathered Nest
10. Create easy to break down storage using wooden crates and binder clips.
I love the idea of using crates and binder clips to create storage. It looks stylish and it can be built however you like! When it’s time to move, there’s no need to haul huge and heavy furniture from your apartment. Full tutorial—> DIY Playbook
PLEASE SHARE with your friends 🙂