Moving into your first home can be very exciting! Here’s a collection of home ideas that will inspire you to keep your new house happy, neat and organized for a very long time.
Organizing Ideas for First-Time Homeowners
Affiliate links included. Full disclosure here.
1. Organize your important documents using color coded folders.
It also helps to add very large labels on the sides so that every document can be easily identified.
2. Create a mail and bill command center.
Never be late on a bill or miss any important dates by simply setting up a bill and mail command center in your kitchen or near an entry way. Fill it with things such as a wall calendar, mail supplies and bins to keep things orderly.
3. Organize kitchen supplies and utensils using plastic bins and labeling.
You can easily keep your kitchen cabinets organized by storing supplies in labeled plastic containers. For more kitchen organizing ideas, check out this post.
4. Near your entrance, use a pebbled filled tray to collect shoes.
Get a tray and fill it with pebbles. Place it near your entrance or mudroom to organize boots and shoes to prevent from tracking messes into your home.
5. Color code and label the switches in your circuit breaker.
When you have electrical problems things can get stressful if you do not know which breaker switch coordinates with each room of your house. Color code and label them to save time and energy.
6. Label and organize medicine to prevent confusion.
Keep your medicine cabinets super organized by using labeled bins to store pain killers, cold medicine and first aid supplies.
7. Organize laundry room supplies with a Lazy Susan.
8. Create a box to keep your favorite recipes organized.
You can reuse a small shoe box to store and organize your favorite recipes.
9. Organize your shower essentials with labels.
Easily organize “his and her” shower essentials with a labeled shower rack. For more bathroom organizing ideas, you might enjoy this post.
10. Organize your linen closet this way to keep it tidy.
Following this method is the best way to keep your linen closet organized and tidy. For more linen closet organizing ideas, you might enjoy this post.
11. Organize your finances with a money board.
When moving into your first home, organizing your finances is a must. Why not create a money board in a private area of your home so that you can organize funds for bills, emergencies and leisure activities? This is a great way to see how much physical cash that you have so that you won’t overspend. For more money saving ideas, check out this post.
PLEASE SHARE with your friends 🙂