In this post you will find budget-friendly car care hacks!
Here’s 11 awesome ways to clean your car at home as well as tips on how to get your car interior looking brand new again.
What’s even better is that you can clean your car with products you probably have right at home!
Keep scrolling to check them out!
11 Car Cleaning Tips and Hacks
Affiliate links included. Full disclosure here.
1. Use Olive Oil to polish your leather dashboard.
Mommy Footprint suggests using Olive Oil to shine your dashboard to make it look like new. Olive oil is an excellent all natural, non-toxic substitute to traditional car cleaners.
2. Use hair conditioner to wash the exterior of your car.
According to The Krazy Koupon Lady, use hair conditioner to wash your car instead of the traditional car washing soap. Most hair conditioners contain Lanolin which is a form of wax that will make your car shine like new.
3. Use Q-Tip and an old Toothbrush to clean those hard to reach spaces in your car.
This awesome tip comes from Oh So Savvy Mom, where she suggests using an old toothbrush or q-tips to clean in between the small crevices in your car.
4. Make your own air fresheners using Essential Oils.
I love this tip from Femina, all you need to do is place a few drops of your favorite essential oils on a clothespin to freshen your car.
✓ Essential Oils See Amazon.com for best selection and value
5. Clean air vents using a paint brush.
6. Get rid of Bumper Sticker gunk with W-D40.
7.Clean your Cup Holders with a sock, Windex and a cup.
When was the last time you actually deep cleaned your cup holders? Grab a coffee cup. wrap an old sock on the end and spray with Windex. Twist the cup around in the holder to quickly clean the dirt and grime.
8. To get rid of bad smells use a small bag Charcoal.
Simply put a few pieces of charcoal in a baggie and place underneath your car seats and voila! No more funky smells in your car. Genius!
9. Use Club Soda to get rid of tough stains.
10. Use nail polish to prevent hairline cracks from spreading.
Instead of paying for an auto repair shop to fix and repaint scratches, just grab a finger nail polish that’s the same color as your car and repair them yourself! You will save so much time and money.
11. Make your Tires look like new with baking soda.
Make your tires shine and sparkle with this quick homemade cleaning paste. All you need is baking soda, dish soap, and warm water. Rub this mixture over your tires and you are sitting pretty.