We may earn commissions (at no additional cost to you) from Amazon and/or other affiliates when qualifying purchases are made through links on this blog. See full disclosure here.
In this post you will find two different recipes for homemade cleaning wipes.
These cleaning wipes are made with all-natural ingredients which can be used to clean and disinfect your home.
DIY Reuseable Cleaning Wipes Recipes
Affiliate links included. Full disclosure here.
I’m not a huge fan of using chemical-based cleaners around the home because long-term use of certain household cleaning products, such as bleach and air fresheners can lead to severe health problems. I prefer to make my own cleaners as I know that doing so can save money, are non-toxic and will get the job done.
So in this post, I would love to share with you two recipes for homemade reusable wipes that I know and love to keep my home clean and fresh.
These wipes can be used anywhere from the kitchen to bathroom and work quite well to quickly clean up spills and messes.
These cleaners are made with all-natural ingredients that you probably already have on hand.
- Glass or plastic containers. ( I prefer to use mason jars)
- Old t-shirt or microfiber cloths cut into squares
- (optional) Chalkboard labels
- 1 cup purified/ distilled water
- 2 tablespoons Dr. Bronner’s Castile Soap- Unscented
- (optional) 10 drops Tea Tree Oil
- (optional) 5 drops Peppermint Oil
Directions: Add water, castile soap and essential oils. Do not shake the container, but rather slowly stir with a spoon. Add towels/shirt pieces and allow them to soak up mixture. Use wipes within 2-3 weeks.
- 2 cups purified/distilled water
- 1 cup white vinegar
- (optional) 1/4 cup Isopropyl Alcohol
- (optional) 15 drops Lemongrass Oil
- (optional) 5 drops Lavender Oil
Directions: Add water, white vinegar, rubbing alcohol and essential oils. Do not shake the container, but rather slowly stir with a spoon. Add towels/shirt pieces and allow them to soak up mixture. Use wipes within 2-3 weeks.
- You can add a few drops of dish detergent to each recipe for extra grease fighting powers
- If using tap water, make sure to use cleaning wipes within the week.
- The essential oil mixture is what I have found that works for me, feel free to experiment but always consult a professional if unsure of correct dilutions.
I hope you enjoy these simple recipes for making your own cleaning wipes for the fraction of the cost of store bought ones. As always, Happy Cleaning!
You might enjoy: DIY No-Scrub Toilet Bowl Cleaner
PLEASE SHARE with your friends 🙂