Who doesn’t love fruitcakes?
Everyone loves to take a bite of such perfect amalgamation of smooth creaminess and tasty small pieces of fruits. Isn’t it? There is a wide variety of fruit cakes available on the planet. You can bake them on your own or just purchase one from any good bakery brand. Further, when it comes to purchasing one then you can just grab an exciting deal from couponsmonk.com and thus save huge bucks.
However, I am here with the recipes of the three most amazing types of fruitcakes that I have tried on my own and trust me I ended up baking some of the best types of fruitcakes ever.
Just have a look!
3 Delectable Fruit Cake Recipes You Should Try
This is a guest post submission. Full disclosure here.
1. Poor Man’s Fruit Cake
Don’t go with the name! This is one of the yummiest fruitcakes that you can bake on your own.
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 2 eggs that are beaten well
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp of cloves, salt, and nutmeg respectively
- 1 1/2 cup of applesauce
- 1 Tbsp hot water
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups raisins
- 1 cup pecans
- At first, you need to preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease two loaf pans with brown paper.
- Next, sift the flour and spices.
- Further, don’t forget to cut the gumdrops into fourth and mix the raisins and nuts with a part of the whole flour mix.
- Now, beat together butter, sugar, and eggs.
- After that add the vanilla
- Add the mixture of nuts, gumdrops, and raisins.
- Finally, bake it for a duration of 2 hours.
2. Christmas Wreath Traditional Fruitcake
Try this fruitcake! It is a yet another fantastic one.
- 3/4 cup dates which have been pitted and chopped.
- 1 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup of red and green cherries
- 3/4 cup of diced and candied pineapple
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cup white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- First of all, preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Mix the first 8 ingredients together
- Now, in a separate bowl, you need to mix lemon zest, cream butter, and sugar.
- Combine everything into flour mixture
- Finally, bake the whole content for 2 hours.
3. No-Bake Fruitcake
Yes! The name of the cake might seems to be a bizarre one. I mean how there can be a cake without baking. But, trust me, it is one of the tastiest ones ever.
- 2 cups raisins
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups of mini marshmallows
- 2 cups of pineapple which has been candied
- 1 cup dried currants
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup of candied cherries
- 1/2 tsp of allspice, nutmeg, cloves, salt, and cinnamon.
- 4 cups of graham cracker crumbs.
- Oil a 9×5 loaf pan.
- Then, combine everything together
- Pour the content into the pan.
- Cover and let it be in a cool an dry place for 1 week.
End of the line
So, these are the three most awesome fruitcakes ever!! If you’ve not tried yet then just bake them soon and feel the awesome taste.