We may earn commissions (at no additional cost to you) from Amazon and/or other affiliates when qualifying purchases are made through links on this blog. See full disclosure here.
Forget spring cleaning, let’s talk about fall cleaning!
As we prep for winter, which may leave many of us stuck in the house longer than usual, now is the perfect time to get our homes as clean and organized as possible.
Below is a list of things that we should definitely clean before winter comes around so that spring cleaning will be a breeze.
Ultimate Fall Cleaning List
Affiliate links included. Full disclosure here.
- Remove expired foods, clean and reorganize your pantry.
- Deep clean your dishwasher and oven.
- Clean the top of your refrigerator and condenser coils.
- Clean, dust and replace batteries in your smoke detectors.
- Clean your kitchen grout.
- Clean grease and grime from your kitchen cabinets.
- Clean stains from pots and pans.
- Clean stove vent and filter.
- Organize command center with emergency numbers and information.
- Clean air vents.
- Replace or clean shower curtain and liners.
- Deep clean toilets and bathtubs.
- Flip and clean your mattress.
- Declutter and organize your closet.
- Pack away and store summer clothing.
- Dust ceiling, walls and baseboards.
- Clean under bed, vacuum behind headboard.
- Clean and dust ceiling fans.
- Clean air vents.
- Replace bed liners.
- Shampoo carpets.
- Polish wood floors.
- Vacuum and clean sofa cushions.
- Clean the chimney.
- Clean in and around light fixtures.
- Clean drapes and dust blinds.
- Wash all windows and clean window tracks.
- Polish all wood furniture.
Outdoors and Home Exterior
- Clean roof gutters.
- Get rid of fallen leaves in your gutters, this could help prevent your drains getting clogged.
- Clean or replace HVAC filter.
- Replace window screens with storm windows.
- Clean and store patio furniture inside.
- Drain and store garden hoses.