Now is the perfect time to clean, declutter and organize your garage.
If you’ve been looking for garage storage ideas, then you’ve come to the right place, my friend!
In this post, I will share with you 13 simply amazing garage organization ideas that will knock your socks off.
Keep scrolling below to see said awesomeness!
11 Garage Organization Ideas
Affiliate links included. Full disclosure here.
1.Use a pegboard to store hand and garden tools.
Store your hand and garden tools on a pegboard against your garage wall. This will save so much space and time as you will always have your tools neatly organized and within reach.
2. Use bungee cord to store hoses, bikes and other tools.
It’s genius to use bungee cord to help store hoses, bikes, and other tools. This will definitely help prevent messes and other accidents.
3. Use a wall mounted rack to store sports equipment.
If you would like to save a ton of space in your garage, use a wall mounted rack to store sport and other recreational equipment.
4. Add additional overhead storage for heavy duty equipment, bikes and containers.
Utilize your garage ceiling space by adding an overhead storage rack for large items such as containers, bikes and other heavy duty equipment.
5. Use a wall mounted holder for spray cans and other products.
Use a wall-mounted holder to store your spray cans and bottles. This will keep all of your products neatly organized and in order.
6. Use a corner storage rack for shovel, rakes, and brooms.
Maximize every inch of your garage space by using a corner storage rack for shovels, rakes and other yard tools.
7.Use a storage shelf and plastic bins to store garage items that are not for immediate use.
If there are items in your garage that you do not use regularly, place them in labeled plastic bins and use a sturdy shelf to keep these items organized.
Tip and photo courtesy of A Bowl Full of Lemons
8. Use stackable bins for garage storage of children toys and other items.
Keep your children’s toys in stackable bins in the garage for easy access and clean up.
Tip and Photo Courtesy of OrjJunkie
9. Mount plastic crates on the wall to store detergents and other household items.
Repurpose old plastic crates and turn them into convenient shelving and storage for your laundry detergents and other household items.
Tip and photo courtesy of The Family Handyman
10. Make use of vertical space by adding shelving to garage walls.
Add additional shelving to your garage walls to maximize vertical space.
Tip and photo courtesy of Better Homes and Gardens
11. Color code your circuit breaker for accessibility.
Have you ever stood at your circuit breaker confused and not knowing which switch will turn the lights back on? Well go ahead and color code everything so that you are ready in case of an emergency.
Tip and photo courtesy of First Home Love Life