We may earn commissions (at no additional cost to you) from Amazon and/or other affiliates when qualifying purchases are made through links on this blog. See full disclosure here.
You will never clean your house the same after seeing these amazing house cleaning tips and tricks from the some of the world’s greatest house cleaning pros.
This post includes little-known ways to clean every room of your house.
Keep scrolling below to check out these wonderful, budget-friendly ways to clean your home from top to bottom.
Affiliate links included. Full disclosure here.
1.Use homemade hardwood floor cleaner for sparkling floors.
Take your hardwood floors from dull to “oh la la!” with this homemade hardwood floor cleaner.
This eco-friendly cleaner is made with a few cups of vinegar, castile soap as well as a few other ingredients.
Mix them all together to get these beautiful shining floors. | via My Cleaning Solutions
2. Use a lint roller to clean screen doors.
Use a lint roller to remove debris such as pet hair and cobwebs from your screen doors.
Try attaching the lint roller to a pole if the screen door or window is tall or hard to reach. | via Handyman Magazine
3. Use a vinegar solution or an Angry Mama to clean your microwave (no scrubbing required).
If you are looking for an easier, scrub-free way to clean your microwave then this is it.
You can use a vinegar and water solution in a microwave safe bowl to steam clean your microwave.
4. Clean your bathroom vents in under 10 seconds.
Next time you’re in the bathroom take a look up at your bathroom vents.
5. Clean a microfiber couch the easy way.
Looking for ways to get rid of water and grease stains on your microfiber couch?
Grab a spray bottle, some rubbing alcohol, and a hair dryer to make your couch oh so spotless.
6. Deep clean your faucet handles.
Let your sink handles sparkle like brand new!
7.Clean your oven glass without harsh chemicals.
Use wet and dry Magic Erasers to clean all the grease and grime from your oven glass.
Start scrubbing in small sections until the entire glass is clean. You will love the results! | via Polished Habit
8. Here’s the easiest way to clean your stove burners.
Remove burnt on food and other messes from your store burners with this simple cleaning hack.
9. Clean out your garbage disposal crud with a toothbrush.
Funny smell coming from your garbage disposal? Try lifting up the splash guard of your disposer to expose all the leftover food crud and use a toothbrush and baking soda to brush away the grime. | via Family Handyman
10. Clean your oven range hood filter with a degreaser.
11.Use Pine-Sol in the bottom of your toilet brush container.
Keep your bathroom and toilet brush smelling lemony fresh by using a few splashes of Pine-Sol in the bottom of the brush container.
Not only will it help to deodorize your bathroom, it will also help as a convenient disinfecting cleaner for your toilet brush. | via Smart School House
12. Clean your bathroom walls with a Swifter or dust mop.
13.Clean your air vents using a butter knife and a piece of cloth.
I don’t think there is a better method around to clean your air vents! Using just a butter knife wrapped in cloth you can get in between those tiny spaces in your air vent and get rid of all of that nasty accrued dirt and dust. | via Home Sweet Home Bodies
14. Clean your glass stovetop with 3 ingredients.
All you need is baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, and Dawn dish soap to make your stovetop like new again.
Layer on the mixture, add a little “elbow grease” and let it sit for 3 minutes before wiping it all clean. Amazing! | via Happy Mama Tales
15. Prevent future spills on your glass stovetop by using car wax.
16.Fill your washing machine with hot water and add a quart of bleach.
When was the last time you actually deep cleaned your washing machine? Jillee shows you how with her amazingly simple 4 step method to cleaning hers.
First, she completes one full cycle using only bleach to clean and sanitize. Then, she runs a second cycle with vinegar to help dissolve soap scum and grime. Next she uses scrubbing pads to clean around the washer’s drum. | via One Good Thing by Jillee
17. The way she cleans this baseboard will blow your mind.
18.Use a homemade cleaner for your tub, tile, and grout.
19. Clean and polish your stainless steel sink using baking soda and cream of tartar.
20. Use vinegar and baking soda to clean your window tracks.
Using baking soda, white vinegar and a toothbrush you can get rid of all that nasty build up of dirt and grime in your window tracks. You’ll be amazed by how clean your window tracks will be! | via The Intentional Mom
21. Use a four-step process to deep clean your dishwasher.
In this 4 step cleaning process, you will use baking soda and other household ingredients in separate washing cycles to get your dishwasher smelling and looking like new. | via One Good Thing by Jillee
22. Clean out your toaster using a paintbrush.
Don’t forget the paintbrush when you are getting ready to clean out your toaster! Grab some dish soap, vinegar, and an old toothbrush to get rid of all the food crumbs in and around your toaster. | via One Good Thing by Jillee
23.Use a flat head screwdriver and disinfecting wipe to clean the crevi
Remove your entire toilet seat to get in and under all the crevices you miss when cleaning regularly. Use a flathead screwdriver and disinfecting wipes to really get those icky areas super clean. | via Ask Anna
24. After cleaning your glass shower doors, use Rain-X to repel future water scum, stain, and streaks.
25. Clean your blinds by using kitchen tongs wrapped in microfiber cloth.
26. Vacuum a handful of Downy Unstoppables to get rid of weird smells coming from your vacuum.
**Update- It has been brought to my attention that this could be problematic for certain vacuum cleaners, so please proceed with caution. A reader suggested to use a cotton ball lightly soaked with your favorite fragrance placed inside the chamber to get the same long lasting effect**
27. Wash and whiten yellowed pillows using 4 simple ingredients.
If your pillows are turning yellow, here’s what you need to do to get them bright, white and smelling fresh again: Wash your pillows with a few cups of Borax, bleach, powdered laundry, and dish detergent. | via One Good Thing by Jillee
28. Clean your shower head overnight with white vinegar.
29. Easily clean your grout with Clorox Cleaning Gel.
30. Use dryer sheets to clean chrome faucets.
31. Deep clean your mattress using baking soda, peroxide, and dish soap.
If you have children who wet the bed or just a dirty mattress in general, you will want to sprinkle baking soda over your entire mattress, let it sit for few minutes before vacuuming to get rid of any smells. Next, you will want to use a mixture of peroxide, dish soap and salt to get rid of stains from blood, sweat and urine. | via House Wife How-Tos