We may earn commissions (at no additional cost to you) from Amazon and/or other affiliates when qualifying purchases are made through links on this blog. See full disclosure here.
In this post, you will learn about a few incredible hacks that will help you cook the best turkey ever.
If you want a turkey that is juicy, tender and full of flavor then keep scrolling below to check out these awesome tips and tricks.
Turkey Cooking Tips
Affiliate links included. Full disclosure here.
1. Prep your turkey for baking my icing for a few minutes.
It has been scientifically proven that icing your turkey before baking will help prevent it from drying out. You gotta to try this!
2. Try soaking a cheesecloth in butter and wrap your turkey with it before baking to keep it moist…
Wrap your turkey with cheesecloth that has been dipped in butter and any other flavorings. The butter will help retain moisture in your bird while it bakes.
… or you can opt to use slices of bacon instead.
Make your tukey burst with flavor by wrapping it in bacon slices and a few other ingredients. You can get the full instructions here.
3. Slow roast your turkey overnight to free up space in the oven.
When cooking several dishes for the holidays or any event, try roasting your turkey overnight. Not only will this free up space in the oven, but your turkey will come out incredibly tender and juicy.
4. If you dry out your turkey while cooking, cut and soak the servings in chicken broth.
Don’t cry over a dried out turkey, instead cut up servings and pour warm chicken broth over the pieces. Allow them soak up some of the broth. Serve as normally.
5. Add more flavor to your turkey by roasting it on a bed of vegetables.
Add chopped celery, carrots and onions to the pan in which you are cooking your turkey to make it rich and robust.
6. If you forget the roasting pan, use aluminum foil.
No need to buy a roasting pan, just simply roll up a few pieces of aluminum foil to place underneath your turkey for even browning and cooking.
7. Let your turkey rest a few minutes after removing it from the oven.
When your turkey is hot, moisture is collected towards to the center of the bird. Allow it to rest for 20 minutes before cutting and serving slices. This will ensure that the pieces are juicer.