We may earn commissions (at no additional cost to you) from Amazon and/or other affiliates when qualifying purchases are made through links on this blog. See full disclosure here.
There’s a smarter way to do laundry, my friend and these hacks will show you how.
Below are a few quick and easy ways to make doing laundry a little bit easier. Keep scrolling below to check out these awesome tips!
Affiliate links included. Full disclosure here.
1. Cut your dryer sheets in half to make them last longer…
Use a paper cutter to cut dryer sheets in half. This will make them last longer and save you a few bucks over the long run.
…or ditch the dryer sheets all together by tossing a ball of aluminum foil into your dryer.
2. Use black coffee or tea in the washer to revive black clothes.
Coffee and tea are natural dyes and can help darken the overall hue of black clothing. For this trick to work, add 2 cups of either black coffee or tea to the rinse cycle of your washer when washing dark or black clothing.
3. Brighten dull white clothing by placing garment in a pot of cut lemons and water.
Via Martha Stewart
Lemons are known for their bleaching powers. To help brighten dingy clothing, cut up a few slices of lemon in a pot of water. Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Add clothing to pot and let soak for an hour or allow item to sit in the sun to dry.
4. Use white bread to remove lipstick stains.
Via Huffington Post
Roll the soft part of white bread into a ball, use it to blot and lift fresh lipstick stains from clothing. Wash as normally.
5. Hang tension rods in your shower to dry your wet clothes.
Via Thrifty Fun
Place tension rods in your shower to hang and dry wet clothes. This can be extremely helpful when handwashing delicate garments.
6. Keep a plastic bin in your laundry room to store single socks.
Via Thrifty Fun
Keep a plastic bin in your laundry room and and use it to keep single socks until your find the missing pair.
7. Save your old laundry caps to avoid messes.
Hate dealing with a laundry cap thats dripping with detergent? Save at least one old laundry cap and alternate between caps when pouring detergent into the washer. Toss the used cap into the washer with the clothes and the cap that isn’t used will replace the top for the detergent.
8. Prevent static cling in your clothes with a safety pin.
Simply attach a safety pin to the hem of your clothes to help discharge static and prevent them from clinging to other items.
9. Use shaving cream on makeup smudges before washing.
Spray shaving cream over makeup stains and allow to sit for 2-3 minutes before scrubbing. The stain should lift!