We may earn commissions (at no additional cost to you) from Amazon and/or other affiliates when qualifying purchases are made through links on this blog. See full disclosure here.
In this post, I will show you how to make your very own air freshener using rice and essential oils.
This DIY project does not require a ton of money or materials.
Lavender and Mint Rice Air Freshener
Affiliate links included. Full disclosure here.
Lavender essential oil is often used for therapeutic treatment of headaches, anxiety and restlessness.
Paired with the clean, cool and crisp aroma of peppermint essential oil, you too can enjoy the benefits that both have to offer when it comes to freshening the air and promoting a calm and relaxing environment.
These rice air fresheners work wonderfully in the bathroom or car. If used in the car, place a jar underneath the driver seat or in cup holder.
- 4 oz Mason Jars
- 1/4 cup Uncooked Rice
- Lavender Essential Oil
- Peppermint Essential Oil
- Fabric (optional)
- Remove top to mason jar and fill with 1/4 cup of uncooked rice.
- Add 20 drops of lavender essential oil.
- Add 5-10 drops of peppermint essential oil.
- Replace top and shake container vigorously.
- Remove top and cover opening with fabric and screw on lid.
- (Optional) Drill or poke holes in the metal lid with a sharp object.
I have found that the scent in these homemade air fresheners lasts for 2-3 weeks. If you feel as if the scent is fading just give the jar a quick shake or replenish with a few drops of the lavender and peppermint essential oils.
PLEASE SHARE with your friends 🙂