In this post, you will find a few really smart parenting hacks you’ll wish you know about a lot sooner.
These tips are super creative and will make you think, “Why didn’t I think of that?”.
Keep reading to be amazed by these wonderful parenting tricks.
Parenting Tricks and Tips
Affiliate links included. Full disclosure here.
1. Wrap a rubberband around your door handles to prevent accidental locked doors.
Or you can tape the latch down using duct tape. This will prevent your little ones from locking themselves inside unattended rooms.
2. Untangle Barbie doll hair using fabric softener.
Soak the matted hair in fabric softener and then gently brush out the tangles. Rinse with a mixture of white vinegar and water and spray with a wig conditioning spray. This will maintain sheen and prevent future tangles.
3. When keeping track of your kid’s medicine use, create a checklist on the side of the bottle.
Use a permanent marker to create a chart on the side of the medicine bottle to keep track of medicine use. No more skipped doses!
4. Use a bag of frozen marshmallows as an ice pack for smaller children.
Most ice packs can get too cold for smaller children. Instead freeze a bag of marshmallows as it will be softer and will not be as cold on the skin.
5. Make a “get along shirt” to stop sibling fights.
Nip sibling fights in the bud with creating one of these humorous tees for the kiddos. I’m sure this will work wonders!
6. Use a plastic drawer to organize weekly outfits for school.
Make the mornings run a little bit more smoother by labeling plastic drawers with the days of the week and placing an outfit in each one.
7. Get the kids to clean by making it a game.
Get the kids to clean by turning it into a game. Outline a square on the kitchen floor with tape and have a race to see who can get all the dirt there the fastest. Brilliant!
8. When administering medicine to a young baby, cut a tiny hole in the tip of the pacifier.
9. Use a closet organizer to neatly store games, puzzles and other playthings.
10. Make awesome “tooth fairy” money by spraying the bills with glitter hairspray.
Create fond “tooth fairy” memories with your kids by spraying dollar bills that will left under their pillows with glitter hairspray.
11. If your kid is afraid of the dark, make “monster spray” to help them sleep at night.
Fill a bottle with water and have your local pharmacy print out a prescription label for you (or make your own) to create monster spray that your kids can use at night to help them sleep better.
12. Place magnets on your kids cups to help them keep track of them.
Keep your kids cups organized by placing magnets on them and storing on the fridge.
13. Tie a rubber around your soap and lotion dispensers.
Help prevent your kids from pumping out too much product by tying rubber bands around the dispenser.
14. Place a shoe organizer behind your driver and passenger seat to store items.
Simply use a shoe organizer in your car to store and organize your kid’s things.
15. Use large cardboard boxes as a coloring station for your kids.
Use a cardboard box as a coloring station for your kids. This will keep them occupied for hours and prevent them from writing on the walls.
Share with your friends!
You might enjoy: 15 Seriously Clever Ways to Organize Your Kids’ Toys and Other Junk