We may earn commissions (at no additional cost to you) from Amazon and/or other affiliates when qualifying purchases are made through links on this blog. See full disclosure here.
It’s heating up outside and now is the perfect time to build up your arsenal of super useful summer party tips and tricks.
From keeping mosquitoes away to keeping your guests cools with a simple fan hack, these helpful tips are sure to make your summer party the best one yet!
12 Summer BBQ Party Tips and Tricks
Affiliate links included. Full disclosure here.
1. Cover drinks with cupcake liners.
via The Target Saver
Give cupcake liners out to your guests so that they can cover drinks to prevent pesky bugs from sneaking a sip.
2. Put ice in a kiddie pool to keep food and drinks cool.
Turn a kid-sized pool into a simple food or drink bar by simply filling it with ice.
3. Burn an egg carton to keep mosquitos away.
Take an empty cardboard egg carton and light the corner of it. The smoke will help to repel mosquitos from your cook out.
4. Use tiered trays to store fruit and save space.
Store your chopped fruit on a tiered tray. It not only looks nice but can save some serious space.
5. Use a mason jar to store condiments.
Store condiments such as ketchup and mustard in mason jar dispensers for a mess free barbeque experience.
6. Make an outdoor hand wash station for your guests.
7. Use a twin sheet to cover tables.
When having an outdoor party, cover your tables with twin size fitted sheets instead of tablecloths. They are least likely to blow away in windy weather.
8. Cook large quantities of corn in a cooler.
If planning a large party, try cooking your corn in a cooler to save space on your stovetop.
9. Cover extension cords with a plastic container.
via Family Handyman
Prevent your extension cords from getting wet by covering them with a simple plastic container.
10. Keep your drinks cool with frozen water balloons.
via Rachael Ray Mag
And afterwards, once the water melts, you can have a pretty awesome water balloon fight.
11. Make a sunscreen and bug spray station.
via Catch My Party
Keep your guests comfortable outdoors by setting up a free-for-all sunscreen and bug spray station.
12. Cook large quantities of hotdogs in a slow cooker.
If cooking a large quantity of hot dogs, use a slow cooker instead of the grill. This will save a ton of time!