Let’s talk about the pink elephant in the room: Your stinky toilet.
Everyone in your household uses it and things can get pretty nasty in and around it.
Every once in a while, your toilet is very deserving of a good and thorough cleaning.
So in this post, I will share with you 7 ways to really deep clean your toilet to get it sparkling clean and smelling oh so amazing!
Keep scrolling below to check it out!
7 Toilet Cleaning Tips
Affiliate links included. Full disclosure here.
1. Remove your toilet seat to reveal and clean hidden filth.
Things can get pretty nasty underneath your toilet seat hinges. Make sure to remove your toilet seat to reveal and clean this filth properly.
2. Use a little bit of toothpaste to quickly clean your toilet without harsh chemical smells.
For those with sensitivities to smells, you might enjoy this simple trick. Pour a little bit of toothpaste into your toilet bowl and scrub away. Now you have a nice clean toilet and no harsh chemical smells.
3. Make eco-friendly DIY toilet bombs made from 3 simple ingredients.
Sometimes your toilet bowl needs a little freshening but not a full cleanse, so that where these DIY toilet bombs come in handy. Made with Dawn dish soap, citric acid and baking soda, your toilet will sparkle like new. Full tutorial here.
4. To get rid of hard water stains in your toilet, soak a paper towel in vinegar.
If you have hard to remove water stains try this trick: Soak a paper towel in White Vinegar and let it sit for 30 minutes. When you remove the paper towel, your hard water stains should be all gone! Wonderful!
5. Use a flat head screwdriver and a disinfecting wipe to clean underneath your toilet’s water tank.
You’ll be surprised by how dirty the underside of your toilet’s water tank can get. Simply take a flat head screwdriver and a disinfecting wipe to get rid of hidden filth.
6. Make sure to replace your toilet brush 1-2 times a year.
When was the last time you replaced your toilet brush? If it has been a while then it is time to get a new one. Your toilet brush can build up stinky bacteria over its lifetime, that’s why it should be replaced at least 1-2 times a year.
7. Pour a cup of White Vinegar in your toilet’s water tank every couple of days.
Every couple of days, pour a few cups of White Vinegar into your toilet’s water tank. This will help to prevent water stains as well as keep smells at bay.